Retrieving the SVG File of your Avastar from the Ethereum Blockchain: A Simple Guide
Hey there, Teleporter Engineers! Unsure about about how to get the actual SVG file of your Avastar from the Ethereum Blockchain? I‘ll break it down for you, step by step.
To do this, you’ll want to be on a laptop or desktop computer, not mobile.
Text Editing Software, such as Notepad on Windows, or Sublime Text on Mac
Vector Image Editing Software, such as Adobe Illustrator, or Inkscape
Got ‘em? Awesome! Let’s do this.
- Navigate to the Avastar Contract on Etherscan here:
2. Scroll down to Field 29, “Render Avastar”.
3. Enter your Avastar# in the field under _tokenId (uint256), and hit “Query”. Don’t be scared. This will give you a LONG SVG String response.
4. Copy ALL of it, starting at <svg, end at </svg>.
5. Open your Text Editor, and paste it. I am using Sublime Text for this example. Save this by going to File, Save As, anynameyouchoose.SVG.
It MUST be saved as .SVG.
6. Open your Editing Software. For this example, I am using Inkscape. Go to “New Document”, then “File”, “Open”, and select your SVG File.
7. VOILA! There you have it!